Monday 6 June 2011

Packing for the RAB

Well its been a whole week with no training due to my cold/chest infection/man flue (delete as appropriate depending on the day.) It's still not cleared up despite generous doses of Sudafed and Lemsip and even some early nights! But every cloud as they say...now my knee and calf are fine! Talk about nursing yourself through this, and I haven't even started the ride yet! But at least I will be rested and I'm not sure thats such as bad thing as I'll be itching to get out on Saturday even if its pouring with rain.

So whilst my mad Scottish colleagues have been braving the unseasonably cold weather this past week I've been tapering down almost to a sharp point. I still have a whopping four evenings to get myself ready and pack everything for the departure on Friday morning. Then we have a 7 hour mini bus trip from the office near Glasgow to JoG which is going to be interesting and I'm sure it will be full of nervous laughter :)

It's going to be some sight seeing 600+ riders and all the support vehicles in a field at John O Groats ready to leave for the longest straight line journey you can do in the UK. I'm also looking forward to using our Telepresence over the satellite link that Harris Caprock are providing for us during the event. I'm going to have to make up a poster with all the locations we are visiting for our mobile Telepresence room so when we are talking to people they know where we are.

My sponsorship total is £440 now which is going well but if anyone wants to add to it please feel free, I have a target of £500 so I'm nearly there. Its for a great cause and unlike some events I've done this one will be rather testing I'm sure of that!

Here's the three souvenirs that I want from this trip:

1. A picture at John O Groats
2. A, picture at Land's End
3. A  finishers medal.

The bonus will be the hotel bed on the Sunday night and then getting home on the Monday to my long suffering wife and daughter. Oh and then off to France at the end of that week with the bike to ride the Alps. And yes I'm being serious.

So all in all its going to be an interesting couple of weeks.

James

No comments:

Post a Comment