Tuesday 14 June 2011

Day 4 on the RAB

Sorry I have not done any updates since day 1 but the evenings have been really busy! Camping adds a lot of additional chores that take time up.

Yesterday was like hell on earth. It poured with rain from the start and pretty much rained until about the 70 mile marker. The descent from Glen Coe was amazing but Richard and I, who were riding together were so cold that we couldnt really enjoy it. At pitstop 1 (50 miles) I was so cold I couldnt control the shivering. I had a change of clothes in the car and put them on. That and the fact that one of the Halfords boys (Scouse) loaned me his Mavic monsoon jacket (many many thanks mate!) got me through the day.

Today we rode from Glasgow to Carlisle in lovely sunshine. Its funny that after yesterdays mammoth 122 mile day today was viewed as a "rest day" at only 103 miles. How perspectives have changed!

Today was the last day with the Scottish lads to keep us company, so thanks to Steve, Steve, JD, Michael, Gerry, Josie and to Donald for taking part. From the Cisco Scotland office it's Richard and I now all the way to Lands End.

Tomorrow is Carlise to Manchester (114 miles), forecast is showers but hopefully not too many and not too cold!

Check http://www.mapmytracks.com/events/ride-across-britain-2011 for GPS tracking and pictures and videos.

Massage today was fantastic and was immediately after the arrival into Carlise. Thanks to SteveO for that, will be back for more on Thursday.

The best bit of today was seeing Julie and Jessica and showing them around the base camp. Also thanks to Julie for bringing me my beloved High5 energy drink. Tomorrow will now be easier after the plain water I've been using so far as I cant drink the stuff we are supplied.

James

No comments:

Post a Comment