Saturday 11 June 2011

Day 1 on the RAB

Ok what a great start. Fantastic weather, actually sunny and dry. The ride out of JoG was brilliant. In hindsight I did way too much riding between groups, riding ahead and taking videos etc. It uses loads of extra energy but I thought it would be fine - that was a bit of a mistake because after half way I almost bonked. I recovered with a gel and toughed it out to the end but the last 10 miles was a bit rough. I rode the last 50 mile with Richard who is also doing all 9 days and so I think we will do the next 8 days together now.

When we arrived at Kyle of Sutherland the heavens opened just as we got across the finish line so it was good timing on our part. Unfortunately rain and camping dont mix but after the rain stopped and I'd got cleaned up and got a nice hour sleep in the tent - whilst it poured outside again.

Dinner beckons now, I hope my knee holds up tomorrow as it was back to its usual tricks today.

Check out facebook.com/ciscoriders for lots of new photos and comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment